topbella

Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Letter to the World



A Letter To the World



By TreAnna B.

I wrote this poem because of how bad our world is today. Everywhere we look there is something that makes me question our hope for humanity. This shows just how much we need Jesus and how by hoping in him someone can rise up and be the spark to help things get better.

Dear World,
Pardon me, but I have something to say
I've tried to just take it, looking away
I can't any longer, the problem's too great
I have to speak now before it's too late
Children who should laugh and play
Are cutting their wrists, ending their days
Others are being beaten and bruised
No one will help them, so they are abused
Girls who are constantly bullied by day
At night to feel wanted give all away
They want to feel valued, they need to feel loved
Until, into their arms, a child is shoved
Boys who are pushed past their limits
Search for easier ways to attain it
One drug to strengthen, two, and then three
No longer do they realize, they are not free
Parents are struggling to feed their kids
They open the cupboards to find empty lids
They've been out of work for several weeks
And no matter their efforts, no opportunity peeks
People are struggling to hold on to hope
The problems surmounting have too broad a scope
The answer seems farther and farther away
As darker and darker grows the day
How could our world have grown so dark?
Who will arise to become the new spark?
We need an inferno to blossom and bloom
To spread through this night, igniting the gloom
One voice can make all the difference
To unite us all in a second chance
Dear World, I hear your plea
"Please, someone, burn brightly for me"
 
--A concerned girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

 
Poems© Designed by: Compartidisimo