topbella

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Alone, I Will Fight, TreAnna B.



Alone, I Will Fight

By TreAnna B.

Every brick and every stone
Has been cast aside
Making a new society
Filled with hate, greed, envy

The world we made will come undone
The mortar will crumble
As the guise is stripped away
Revealing the gilded trap beneath
The corruption at the core of our society

I can't feel You here with me
Our world has rejected You
Disowned You
Forgotten You

In my sleep I call your name
But you don't answer
My calls are in vain

When I wake I need to touch Your face
Draw closer to You remember 

This world is only a temporary measure
There is more there is hope

I need to feel You here with me
Breathe You in
My silent reminder
My only strength

I will burn for You
Alone
The only one who still believes
I will fight

With fire and fury
I will never give up

Authors comments:
In our world today, too many of us know or know of camouflaged Christians--the ones who go to church and look like they're living the Christian lifestyle when in reality they aren't. As a general statement, that's much the same with our society. We believe in worshiping our idols before looking to God. Just as the poem states we have forgotten God, cast Him aside. This poem is based off of the Bible verse "If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." As well as the song Fire and Fury by Skillet. (You may notice that each of the stanzas begins with a line from the song...that's a type of poem...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

 
Poems© Designed by: Compartidisimo