topbella

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Doctor, By Kaitlyn F.

The Doctor

By Kaitlyn F.

I can see it
The disease
It has affected my school

 My sports team
My neighborhood

The disease is strong

Holding people captive
A force against their will
They didn't ask for it
It was given to them a birth
For they were born a sinner.

Who is the doctor that can save them?

This doctor is Jesus
This disease is sin
The cure is faith
Jesus has said
It is not the healthy who need a doctor?
But the sick
For I have not come to call the righteous
But sinners.

But most will never find the doctor
Their eyes are blind
But small is the gate
And narrow the road
That leads to life
And only few find it

And for us
For we are cured
For we have faith in what Jesus has done
We are the guides
Leading people to the gate
Where the doctor awaits them

Verse used in order: Matthew 9:12b, Matthew9:13b, and Matthew 7:14 .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

 
Poems© Designed by: Compartidisimo